URGO Mentorship Program
After a first round of success, the URGO Mentorship Program is back for a second edition in February 2019:¬†a tailored-made program created for start-ups in medical technology, that need guidance from industrial partners in order to succeed in the development and launch of its innovation.
Applications are open until April 30th, 2019.
¬†For the preselected start-ups a Demo Day will take place in Paris, in June 2019.
Discover the program through video :
Who can apply ?
You can apply if:
1.¬† Your project is about products or services for:
– aesthetic or plastic medicine
– advanced wound care
– compression & vascular therapy
– electrotherapy and pain management
– tissue engineering & cellular therapy
– digital health, connected devices in healthcare
2. ¬†Your project concerns medical device, and you already have a prototype or minimum viable product (MVP)
3. ¬†Your expected Time-to-Market is less than 5 years
4. ¬†Your project has strong product differentiation compared to existing solutions, IP protection, clinical proof of concept (preclinical studies and/or case studies)
What will you get ?
- If you are selected for the URGO Mentorship Program you will be guided by our senior experts. According to your individual needs you can be coached on, but not limited to:
- validation of the need and target clients
- marketing plan construction
- potential markets analysis
- manufacturing plan & cost estimation
- business model definition & validation of business plan
- clinical trial design, tests related to the product
- validation or fine tuning of the technology
- support on patents and product registrations formalities
- Mentorship will happen in the form of meetings that can take place in Paris / Dijon in France or via phone/video conferencing
- Our program is free and its duration is 1 year. The Selected start-up, by accepting its participation in the program, chooses to be committed throughout its duration.¬†¬†
- During the program, URGO Group and the Start-up could benefit from their proximity and potentially sign a strategic partnership beyond the mentorship program (equity investment, co-development, licensing agreement‚Ä¶) ¬†¬†
Why apply to the URGO Mentorship Program?
- URGO Group is a¬†pioneering group in medical technologies, with a¬†strong experience in product development and market access
- As a¬†family-owned company, we have a¬†long-term industrial vision¬†in order to develop¬†innovative¬†products and services that contribute to the health of people
- URGO Group¬†has a team of¬†150 people dedicated to research and innovationand is engaged in¬†open innovation¬†(we have achieved about 50 collaborations in R&D with academic laboratories and private companies since 2011)
- URGO Group is¬†geographically present¬†with its own¬†marketing and sales teams¬†across 22 countries in¬†Europe, Asia¬†and¬†Latin America