URGO Mentorship Program
After a first round of success, the URGO Mentorship Program is back for a second edition in February 2019: a tailored-made program created for start-ups in medical technology, that need guidance from industrial partners in order to succeed in the development and launch of its innovation.
Applications are open until April 30th, 2019.
For the preselected start-ups a Demo Day will take place in Paris, in June 2019.
Discover the program through video :
Who can apply ?
You can apply if:
1. Your project is about products or services for:
– aesthetic or plastic medicine
– advanced wound care
– compression & vascular therapy
– electrotherapy and pain management
– tissue engineering & cellular therapy
– digital health, connected devices in healthcare
2. Your project concerns medical device, and you already have a prototype or minimum viable product (MVP)
3. Your expected Time-to-Market is less than 5 years
4. Your project has strong product differentiation compared to existing solutions, IP protection, clinical proof of concept (preclinical studies and/or case studies)
What will you get ?
- If you are selected for the URGO Mentorship Program you will be guided by our senior experts. According to your individual needs you can be coached on, but not limited to:
- validation of the need and target clients
- marketing plan construction
- potential markets analysis
- manufacturing plan & cost estimation
- business model definition & validation of business plan
- clinical trial design, tests related to the product
- validation or fine tuning of the technology
- support on patents and product registrations formalities
- Mentorship will happen in the form of meetings that can take place in Paris / Dijon in France or via phone/video conferencing
- Our program is free and its duration is 1 year. The Selected start-up, by accepting its participation in the program, chooses to be committed throughout its duration.
- During the program, URGO Group and the Start-up could benefit from their proximity and potentially sign a strategic partnership beyond the mentorship program (equity investment, co-development, licensing agreement…)
Why apply to the URGO Mentorship Program?
- URGO Group is a pioneering group in medical technologies, with a strong experience in product development and market access
- As a family-owned company, we have a long-term industrial vision in order to develop innovative products and services that contribute to the health of people
- URGO Group has a team of 150 people dedicated to research and innovationand is engaged in open innovation (we have achieved about 50 collaborations in R&D with academic laboratories and private companies since 2011)
- URGO Group is geographically present with its own marketing and sales teams across 22 countries in Europe, Asia and Latin America
* Required fields