URGO Mentorship Program
The URGO Mentorship Program has been created for medical device start-ups that are in need of guidance from industrial partners in order to succeed in the launch of their product.
Call for applications to the 2017 promotion is closed since September 9. If you would like to stay informed about the next opening, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter or regularly check announcements on this page.
If you still wish to compete to the 2017 Demo Day, please send us detailed information on your project via the application form below; we will carefully examine your project and will confirm participation of the most innovative startups to this edition.
Next step for selected startups is the Demo Day on October 6, 2017, in Paris.
Who can apply?
You can apply if:
1) Your project is about products or services for:
- Aesthetic medicine and Plastic surgery
- Advanced Wound Care (from the community treatment to the operating room)
- Compression & Vascular Therapy
- adjuncts markets to the mentioned above markets
- Services for the above mentioned markets: digital health, connected devices
2) Your project concerns Medical Device, and you already have a prototype or minimum viable product (MVP)
3) Your expected Time-to-Market is less than 5 years
4) Your project has a strong product differentiation, IP protection or industrial property protection, clinical proof of concept (preclinical studies, case studies, pilot study)
What will you get?
- Our program is free and the duration is approximately 1 year (it will depend on the needs of the start-up)
- If you are selected for the URGO Mentorship Program you will be guided by our experts according to your needs in:
- validation of the need and target clients
- marketing plan construction
- potential markets analysis
- manufacturing plan & cost estimation
- business model definition & validation of business plan
- clinical trial design, tests related to the product
- validation or fine tuning of the technology
- support on patents and product registrations formalities
- Mentorship will happen in the form of meetings, that can take place in Paris and Dijon or via phone/video conferencing,
- During the program, URGO Group and the Start-up could benefit from their proximity and potentially sign a strategic partnership beyond the mentorship program (equity investment, co-development, licensing agreement…)
Why apply for Urgo Mentorship Program?
- URGO Group is a pioneering group in medical technologies, with a strong experience in product development and market access
- As a family-owned company, we have a long-term industrial vision in order to develop innovative products and services that contribute to the health of people
- URGO Group is geographically present with its own marketing and sales teams across 22 countries in Europe, Asia and Latin America
- URGO Group has a team of 150 people dedicated to research and innovation and is engaged in open innovation (we have achieved about 50 collaborations in R&D with academic laboratories and private companies since 2011)
* Required fields